Rustico Cooking’s Focaccia alla Ligure

This was my very first attempt at baking bread. I can not remember now how or why I stumbled upon the webpage, but after reading the introduction about how to bake and reading the simplicity of how Focaccia is made I just had to try it. (Well that and the excess flour that we had sitting around as it approached its spoilage time…) Fumbling around the kitchen, completely unsure of what I was doing, and constantly doubting every move I made I somehow got the ingredients together, the dough rose as expected (which I have to admit made me very excited), and it was in the oven after I brushed rosemary onto the top. The end result was a simple, quick and delicious focaccia: a perfect introduction to baking, or a simple compliment to any meal.

From: www.rusticocooking.com/breads


Difficulty: easy

Tips:
1) I would start with this if you have never baked before
2) I would also add in more spices next time, I found that simply brushing the rosemary on top didn’t impart the flavor they way I had desired (plus they tend to fall off).

No comments: